Verdmont Historic House museum is set in period-planted gardens
with a panoramic view over the south shore. Built in about 1710,
it is four-squared with four great chimneys. Unlike most buildings
of its period, Verdmont has remained virtually unchanged structurally
for almost 300 years. It was bought in 1951 by the Historical Monuments
Trust and became a museum in 1956.
The house contains Bermudas most notable collection of antique
Bermuda cedarwood furniture, as well as an important collection
of Bermuda portraits.
gardens feature plants known to have been cultivated in the 18th
our thanks to The Bermuda National Trust for providing the information